Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Vegas! Happy Birthday Cuz! Big 3-0



We were in Vegas to celebrate my cousins 30th birthday! 
Bill and I decided to rent a car. I didn't feel like putting those miles on my lease. We ended up with a brand new Toyota Yaris. It was just the 2 of us, so a compact car was all that we needed. Of course the guy renting to us tried to get me to upgrade. Tried to sell me on mustang or a convertible. Seriously? No. Don't want it! I'm cheap, I'm looking for best gas mileage here. Plus I've already pre-paid my reservation so give me my car and let me be on my way! Now, I did get suckered into coverage in case there was an accident, gets me everytime. I'm just paranoid because I can't afford to have to pay for this rental car to be damaged! Now I was pretty happy to get the Yaris beucase i had thought about getting that car when I leased my Honda Civic. Obvioulsy I went with the civic, which i'm glad I did. The Yaris was just too small. It was still a nice car, but I'm glad I got the civic. It did however have a large touchscreen monitor that my civic doesn't have which was nice, but still....the civic is better overall!
Enough about that! We made Vegas in good time on Friday. My poor cousin had to work and didn't get to leave until about 2:30pm, so of course, as most of us know, Friday traffic going to Vegas sucks! And she definitely ran into that. they didn't get to their hotel until just after 8:30. so glad i left in the morning! They hit the same issue on the way home, Sunday. If you don't leave Vegas early on Sunday, you are asking for trouble. You are going to going to be stuck in traffic because you and everyone else are leaving at the same time! 
I enjoyed our time there and I hope she did too! She seemed to have some luck with her at times. She kept wining decently on the penny slots! That bitch! I kept losing! ha! I swear, 3 or 4 times she'd say ok let's go to this slot, and so as i was going to pick a chair, she'd come up on that side that I had planned on sitting, so I would let her have that chair and sit in the one next to her. Well of course she would win! What the hell! Happened, like I said, 3 or 4 times! I told her that and said the next time she goes to sit in a chair I was planning on sitting I was going to shove her off! Lol! 
I did find a new game which I am liking a lot. 3 card poker. I'm not usually one to sit at a table because I generally don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to piss people off while they wait for me to figure it out. Not with 3 card poker. Totally easy, not much thinking involved. My sister told me about it. She played it the weekend before when she was there at the estitician show I think it was. So Bill and I played the night before we left at home, just the two of us to get a feel of the game and when we got to Vegas I really enjoyed it. I've become a table girl as I told Bill! That will now be my go to game! I probably won't win too much with that game because I play it as safe as I can, but I enjoy it and that's all that matters.
Bill and I stayed at the Downtown Grand, a newer hotel, or at least new to me. From what I was told, it replaced the Lady Luck. It was a nice hotel and one of the few, 3 I think, downtown that had a pool. Which, although I didn't go in like I planned, was a great to have in the 118 degree weather that was happening while we were there. (I am reviewing the hotel in my next post)
Bill and I still decided that next time we go to Vegas we are staying at Buffalo Bill's. I love that place! It's not too crowded, like ever. Really, it's rarely crowded which is great. They have a giant pool I can enjoy and not have it be full with people and I don't have to worry about crowds in general. If I really want to go to another hotel I can take the tram thingy over to Whiskey Pete's or the other hotel. Yes I like walking around downtown, but I don't need it, especially if it's super crowded. I'm happy just hanging out with Bill and I in the quietness of Buffalo Bills!
Here's to next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment