Friday, May 15, 2015

Goodbye Companion



Last night I said goodbye to a faithful companion. The steady rain that was falling I said my final goodbye was fitting.

When the man came, the one who was there to buy her, there was only the slightest hint of rain. As we went further and further into the process he checked her over inside and out and the rain started to pick up. Lightly at first and then harder and faster. A flash of lightning lit up the sky and thundered followed as the man confirmed what we already knew. She was broken and would not last much longer. He could understand why we wanted to dispose of her. The process was coming to an end. We sought shelter from the pelting rain under a giant tree. The paperwork and money were exchanged. She was no longer mine.

This morning I took one last look at her as I silently drove past her. Four and half years we spent together. When I come home she’ll be gone forever.



This was the first car I ever bought and paid for myself. So many trips were had in this car. Faithfully she took me to work every day until Tuesday. Broke down on my way home. I knew it wouldn’t last long. It was only a matter of time before this happened. She was a rental car after all. We all know how people treat rental cars. It’s not my car so why should I care philosophy. So I’m glad I got the 60k miles out of her that I did.
My favorite car that I had right out of high school was a little ’91 I think, Toyota Celica. Bright red and peek a boo eyes. I didn’t appreciate her as much at the time, but she was definitely fun! Looking forward to bringing something new home tonight! Goodbye #SilverFox

No comments:

Post a Comment