Thursday, April 30, 2015

Spinach and Rice Balls

As promised, here is the spinach and rice ball recipe. I'll give you the link to the original recipe, the blog I found it on is here. Below is how I do it:



Here’s the ingredients/directions

2 Cups cooked rice (I use long grain white rice)
Spinach (4-5 oz or as you see fit more is good too)
1 clove Garlic (I use 2 -3, chopped up or pressed) mmm
2 eggs
½ C bread crumbs
½ C mozzerella cheese (I use fat free)
Salt, pepper to taste (I add Cayenne too)
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook garlic and spinach in olive oil until spinach is watered out (no idea what that means, I just cook it until I think it’s good. Nice and wilted)
In a large bowl mix, rice, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper.(and Cayenne)
Then add spinach/garlic to rice mix and combine.
Let Cool.
Form into balls. (supposed to be about golf ball size so you can make more, but I make mine larger so it yields about 9-10 for me) Bake 18-20 minutes or until browned.

It’s a bit messy. I found that forming the ball in one hand and using a spoon to help in the other is less messy and easier.

I hope you like this as much as i do!

Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment