Monday, March 30, 2015

Catching up



Wow! It’s been 3 months in our new apartment! It’s gone by so fast. At the same time it feels like we’ve been there longer. I know for most people, this isn’t as awesome as it is for me. But it’s my first apartment and I’m going to enjoy every moment of it! We are slowly doing little things like hanging art and just yesterday bought a bookcase. We’ve had 3 big bins sitting next to the entertainment center with all of our books in it and now we can finally put them away and have it look nice.

I mentioned art. Our walls are so bare, I couldn’t stand it. They needed something. I had some canvases lying around and so I went on the almighty YouTube and found some beginner art tutorials and made my own versions of the featured art. I can never find exactly what I want in the store and it can be so expensive, so I figured I’d make my own. I’m quite proud of how it turned out. 


This month both of my grandmothers and mother had their birthdays. It’s been 6 months since my Grandma Rose passed away. I think about her often and am I am just thankful for the time we did have with her. My Grandma Patty had her birthday as well and we celebrated with breakfast. My mother, aunt, sister and myself. It’s not often we do things like that so I’m glad we had the opportunity to do so. My mother’s birthday was this month and on her birthday Bill’s brother welcomed his first child. A little girl! I’m so happy and excited for them. She’s absolutely adorable and they are going to be wonderful parents!

I’ve started working out……again! I really have problems committing to this! LOL! I know I’m not alone in that! Being bigger and eating what I want is so easy! It really is, but it’s not good for me because what I do is eat out! Fast food is the devil! My eating habits have turned on me! Obviously wait gain has come with it, but now I have issues with heartburn and all the fun that comes with that. If I don’t pay attention to it, it’s going to get worse. I’ve notice, with donating plasma (I’ve started doing that), I have high blood pressure. Not crazy high, but it seems to run on the higher side and if my blood pressure is too high I can’t donate. Starting to watch what I eat and drink more water has brought my blood pressure down. See, so I’m not just doing this for my outside looks! That’s just a bonus!
My goal is to log my workouts on here to force me to keep it up. We’ll see…they say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit!
Completed my 3rd workout yesterday. It went well. I found a cardio workout that I can do in my apartment on YouTube. The channel is Fitness Blender. It’s kicking my butt. They have so many workouts to choose from. I was in good shape as a teenager and through about 21 and then it all went downhill. I forget that I’m not in the same shape I was and that it’s been a long time. I feel like I should be able to just jump into something, but I’m finding that isn’t the case. Reality check, I’ve got to take it slower and build up from the bottom if I want to get in shape and be healthier. It’s going to take time and I have to stick with it!

Here’s to hoping I can stick with this and make it a habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment