Monday, November 25, 2013

Weight Loss Contest



I’m so bad. I never follow through with exercise plans I start. It’s really terrible. That said, I’m starting a new one. Not really an exercise plan but a contest with some people at work. Big money is on the line here and I plan to take it! It’s essentially a 3 month weight loss contest where the winner will be decided by percentage of weight lost. This is good because it gives everyone a fair chance.

I’ve actually been pretty good for the most part sticking to my plan. Which is hopefully in the end going to help me start eating better in general and sticking to an appropriate portion size, which I think is the main problem in America! Not to say I don’t indulge, because I do. I think everyone should! Dessert or a cheeseburger here and there. A margarita…. It’s all about moderation ;)

Working out, If I dare call it that, has improved as well. I’ve been walking and occasionally some jogging and jump roping. Jump roping is hard, let me tell you! After the first day I couldn’t walk for five!! It’s good though. Now all I need to do is find a new sports bra with more support so I don’t give myself a black eye or hurt my precious tatas! lol

Of course I do this not only for the money, okay mostly for the money, but for myself, because thankfully I have a loving boyfriend (Bill) that loves me just the way I am. (I’ve been on the opposite end of that) No one wants to feel uncomfortable in their own skin. Bill makes me feel good about myself but I still have my issues and want to get to that place where I’m comfortable at all times. I’m hoping this contest will put me on the right track and kick start me into what I feel I should be doing.

Before I go, I want to say that I’ve been using this app on my phone, myfitnesspal, I can also track progress on my computer as well,  myfitnesspal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment