Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween is coming! Yay!



I’m excited this year for Halloween! I’m always excited for Halloween. Who doesn’t like dressing up!! Not sure anyone I know will be getting together for Halloween this year, BUT, I’m looking forward to being able to dress up this year. My department, or most of us at least, will be dressing in theme. Pirates, because pirates are awesome! I’m in the midst of making my costume! I’ve done half of it so far. My costume will be more like a pirate wench. I found a really easy tutorial on someone’s blog for a “circle skirt.” Super simple and didn’t take me all that much time to make. The next step which I’ll probably do next weekend is the corset. I have an old dress that I’m going to use to make the top with the corset. Going to make it out of duct tape. Duct tape is great for anything. I found another tutorial for this corset this time on instructables.com (love this website btw.) I have leftover pieces from the dress that I may make into a sash or bandana. I hope it turns out as good as it is in my head. So far the skirt looks good, so I’m hopeful. I’ll definitely have pictures once it’s done. I haven’t decided if I want to wear this blonde wig I have just because. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment