Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MMM Daryl Dixon

****SPOILERS!!****

As I watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night, I wanted to reach in and hug Daryl Dixon!

          Yes that’s right, The Walking Dead. Zombies are definitely one of my bugaboos, but I             decided I’d watch the series anyway and I absolutely love it. I can’t get enough of it. I           think I don’t mind it because the zombies aren’t fast, I don’t like fast zombies. Now, it has       given me more zombie dreams than I care to have, but that’s ok. The show is great, it’s worth it. Again, slow zombies, so I’m ok.

Anyway, back to Daryl! Poor guy just broke my heart crying for his brother. Makes me want to shed a tear thinking about it. I didn’t think I’d be sad seeing Merle die and become a Zombie, but I did. The moment he let Michonne go and started killing the bad guys I was almost rooting for him. When the governor shot him, I was a little upset. Poor Daryl :( We’ll have to wait and see what his reaction will be in the season finale this weekend.

Let’s talk about Daryl for a minute. I wasn’t sure about him when he first showed up. I don’t think anyone really liked him, how could you, he was cold and mean just like his brother. I didn’t know what to expect because you first encounter Merle and then you wonder what Daryl is like when the group says they have to tell him they left his brother chained to a roof in a city crawling with thousands of zombies! My affection for Daryl grew as the show has gone on. The way he searched for Sophia, poor Sophia, was touching. Watching his feelings change, even when he didn’t really know what to do with them was a wonderful thing to watch. Poor Carol got the brunt of that and still kept trying and knew the kind of man he could be. I’m still waiting for those two to get together. I’m still not sure if they have or not. I hope she’s there to comfort him when he gets back after this episode with his brother and he lets her!

I love that someone has created a whole page just for Daryl on Facebook. I believe it is called Hardcore Daryl Dixon Fans. I love it because he’s become one of my favorite characters. And I would love to have him there on my side in a zombie apocalypse! Let me tell you, I’d break through that tough shell and get me some Daryl Dixon! (Sorry honey, this is fiction after all). Give me Daryl to Shane or Rick or anyone of them.

Can’t wait to see what happens in the season finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment