Friday, March 29, 2013

Lindsey Stirling

I was recently turned onto a new musician, Lindsey Stirling. She plays the violin and mixes it with some dubstep, techno, whatever you want to call it. Whatever it is I'm absolutely obsessed with. Seriously can't get enough. Every time I hear it on my iPod I repeat whichever song it is at least six times. Just yesterday as I was listening to my iPod at work her favorite song of mine, Shadows, came on and I listened to it for at least 20 minutes, over and over again! Kid you not! Til it was time for me to go! I also like the Phantom of the Opera medley she does. I love Shadows because it's so upbeat. It's kind of folky and whimsical ish to me. It reminds me of a couple of scenes. One from the TV show Firefly when River is dancing the may pole, it's the witch episode I believe. And the other is the scene in Titanic on the lower class level when Rose and Jack drink and dance with 3rd class. It makes me want to get up and dance. Be in the middle of a filed of flowers and dance. I know, a little hippy or crazy, but whatever! I will have to thank my sister for turning me onto her music. seriously, just love it!


4 comments:

  1. Dancing in a field of flowers doesn't sound crazy to me. It sounds like the best place to dance. I love this music! Cool.

    Btw, I loved the series Firefly. So bummed it didn't last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I’m not the only one who wants to dance around in a field ;)

      I really can’t get enough of this girl, I’m glad you like it!

      I’m totally bummed too! It was seriously great! It’s amazing what stays on the air and what doesn’t make it! Firefly should’ve made it!!

      Delete
    2. Totally! There is so much crapola on TV. It's almost guaranteed that if I like the show it will be canceled :(

      Delete
    3. seriously! we can't win! more people should have good taste like us ;)

      Delete