Saturday, September 22, 2012

sept 21st



I always thought that I might not be right for love, that it just wasn’t in the cards. That I’d never get married and never had kids. And though, I thought I’d found it before, it was only to be hurt and tossed aside. Further discouraging me. Of course, I would tell myself not to think this way, I’m young I’ve got plenty of time, I don’t need to worry about this, it will come. The right man will come along.

Two years ago I met the most wonderful man. What started off as a simple conversation quickly became much more. I’ll never forget that first conversation. I wasn’t even really paying attention to him. I was thinking, why is this guy talking to me? He never says anything, he’s the guy who wears the two lanyards around his neck with his two favorite teams, the weird guy who asks me if I want anything everyday when he goes off to lunch. The next thing I know, I’m falling for this guy. Everything is so easy, it’s like we’ve been doing this for years. I’d say he had me at hello, but it took a little longer than that, though not much!

Quick story, I’ll never forget the first time he said he loved me. We were walking down the hall at work and talking like we do every morning on my break. He said something that I didn’t catch and with wide eyes clapped his hand over his mouth. He wouldn’t tell me what he said even after trying to guess. He told me later that he said he loved me. I’ll never forget that.

This man of mine, he’s caring and loving and funny and smart and so much more. He’s everything I’ve wanted and needed. He’s made me a better person. I can’t imagine life without him.

Time has gone by so fast that I can’t believe it’s already been two years and at the same time I can’t believe it’s only been two years. I can’t wait to see where our life takes us as long as we are with each other. We have some obstacles ahead of us that I know we’ll get through together. I can’t imagine being with a better guy, because there isn’t one.

I love you and will always love you with all that I have. You are my sun and stars, you are my world Bill. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you made me cry Devin! Happy tears!! Happy tears for you and for LOVE! I feel the same dang mushy way about my husband. We've had some tough times, but we get through it and we get along so effortlessly. As if we've always been together, but with that wonderful butterflies-in-the-stomach-excitement like we just met.

    I am so happy that you've met such a great guy. You deserve every moment of it. I also love that you called him "the weird guy." Haha!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! and sorry you cried, though I’m glad they were happy tears!! :-D

      It’s so great to have that kind of relationship and find that person! I’m so glad we BOTH did!! YAY for us!! hehe

      I totally did call him the weird guy, though of course not to his face! Haha! but now he’s my weird guy that really isn’t so weird! He’s just wonderful!

      Thanks Knoty!! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! and sorry you cried, though I’m glad they were happy tears!! :-D

      It’s so great to have that kind of relationship and find that person! I’m so glad we BOTH did!! YAY for us!! hehe

      I totally did call him the weird guy, though of course not to his face! Haha! but now he’s my weird guy that really isn’t so weird! He’s just wonderful!

      Thanks Knoty!! xoxo

      Delete