Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Happenings

It’s always great to see good things happening to the people you love and care about.

Just this past weekend I was able to celebrate some wonderful happenings.

First we were able to celebrate friends of ours buying their first house! This is exciting cause they are both young and what an awesome accomplishment to be able to do that at a young age and they are so happy about it. I’m so happy for them because they are such a wonderful couple and you can really tell that they love each other. It’s great to see people so happy and see how excited they are to make this space their own and begin this next chapter in their lives! I’m so proud of them!

If that wasn’t enough excitement, we found out that my cousin proposed to his girlfriend during their weekend away for his birthday! No one knew except his mother and my grandmother. It’s amazing that my grandmother was able to keep it a secret! Over the weekend we all got together for dinner to celebrate the engagement and my cousin’s birthday. As always it was a great time, good food and lots of laughs.

He picked a good person to share his life with, she’s a wonderful woman and I’m glad she’ll officially be part of the family!

So…here comes another wedding! And she wants to do it soon! We may see them married at the beginning of next year!

“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney

I find this appropriate because as my friends and family start the next chapter in their lives they will continue to grow with each other and be happy.

May we all continue to grow and be happy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay happy news all around!! It is always wonderful to hear of other people's good fortune. So glad you shared, Devin!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It gets ones sprits up as well! Especially when it's people you care about! ;) xoxo

      Delete