Monday, July 9, 2012

aaah finally 21

It’s been a while…..

Last week was a pretty good week and the weekend was a lot of fun!

Last week was 4 th of July, so that meant BBQ, of course! A good friend of our family, more so my aunt, she’s know this guy for a long, long time and I’ve known him and his family for as long as I can remember. Well his birthday happens to be on July 4 th so they throw a BBQ for his birthday and 4 th of July, just about every year. It was a lot of fun. Kids in the pool and the adults hangin out, drinking beer and playing horseshoes. My favorite part about these gatherings is gossiping with my grandma! She’s always got something good on someone lol! Gotta catch up on what’s going on when I see her! Which is just great, cause it’s grandma! Makes it that much funnier that we can sit there and do that! Love ya Gram!

Unfortunately as the holiday was on a Wednesday, I had to work on Thursday, only to have Friday off. (this happened to be our Friday off week) And of course though I tried, I couldn’t get Thursday off, we had too many people that were going to be on vacation that week, and with the position I work in we can only have so many people out at a time in order to make sure all the shifts are covered. It’s not like I was going to do anything anyways, I just figured I’d try and make it a 5 day weekend! that didn’t happen, oh well….but it was kind of nice because the facility was pretty dead, so it was a quiet Thursday!!

What was great during this week was my Tuesday/Thursday class was cut short on Tuesday, we had a quiz and the professor had something come up so he let us go after we took our quiz, so I was out of there by 6:15, class started at 6! Woohoo! Then Thursday I left a little early from class, it was bad enough I had to work the day after the holiday, but school too! I just wasn’t having it that day! I like to give myself at least on class off, and so I left early, since technically I will be missing Thursday’s class next week because I’ll be in Vegas! Which is so much better! Lol

Which brings me to this past weekend! I know, what does Vegas have to do with this past weekend? Well, today my brother turns 21! Happy Birthday Brother!! He had his friends over for a party. True 21 style, beer pong and “mexican horseshoes” (at least that’s what we call it), and my brother being into comic books and video games, had a street fighter tournament, which is a video game. We turned it all into a tournament. Of course my parents kicked everyone’s butt in the Mexican horseshoe tournament. They came back from the loser’s bracket to beat everyone, even double dipped the team from the winner’s bracket! It should’ve been Bill and I lol, but my parents just barely beat us!

I slaved away for this party, I spent all of Saturday baking cookies and finishing my cake pops and making cupcakes! Ok, it probably wasn’t all of Saturday, but it was a good 5 hours. Which for me felt like all day, I have bad feet and knees and they were killing me by the time I was done. Which as soon as I was done, it was time to shower and be ready for the party…partly my own fault since I didn’t start baking til around noon, oh well…That is one thing I enjoy, I like to bake, I just don’t like to eat any of it. Mostly cause I’m picky hehe if it’s not a chocolate chip cookie I probably won’t eat it and even then I probably won’t eat it, cause I’m just not a cookie or sweets eater. I do love a good brownie or chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. And the brownie can’t have nuts in it, no sir, not for me.

Ok, got a little off track there…..

So Vegas, this past weekend was the part numero uno for my brother’s 21 st birthday. He had all his friends come and had a good time. So next weekend, we are going to Vegas, it’s just our family. And some good family friends that live in Vegas will be with us one night as well. None of his friends will be there, which is why we had the party this past weekend so he could celebrate with his friends…they are too young to have money to go to Vegas, plus not all of them are 21. Although we are taking his girlfriend, who’s not 21, but we’ll keep that to ourselves.

I’ll post some pictures from the party once I’ve gone through them…I was too lazy yesterday, ok maybe not lazy, but I chose to go to grandmas and go swimming and lay in the sun a bit rather than going through them…which also caused me to stay up till 10 doing laundry since I didn’t do that either! Lol!

Other than that, I’m looking forward to a good week and weekend. I have a midnight madness softball tournament coming up on Friday and a baby shower on Sunday for an old friend that I haven’t seen much of in a long while, but I’m so happy for her and happy to be able to be there for her.

*For those of you who don’t know…a midnight madness tournament is exactly what it sounds like….it’s playing softball into the wee hours of the morning….games starting when it gets dark and the championship game is usually around 3am….unfortunately I probably won’t be able to nap before this one cause it’s a working Friday for me, but oh well…haven’t don’t one of these tournaments in a long time, and they are a lot of fun…guess it’ll be a lot of disgusting 5 hour energies for me! lol

It’ll be hot, not as hot as the east coast and other places so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much, but once it gets over 85 I’m not too thrilled! :/

Oh well, that’s summer for ya!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like your having a great time all around. Life has been good for everyone lately except for this heat and no rain! My oldest son hates having his birthday on the forth maybe when he's older he'll like it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m definitely trying! You’ve gotta fit that fun in somewhere otherwise what’s the point! It does seem that life is treating everyone fairly well, which is a wonderful thing!

      Yes, that heat has to be terrible for you guys. I’ve been seeing the numbers lately and that’s awful. We’ve been lucky here that it hasn’t been too hot! Today and yesterday has been pretty bad for us, but still nothing compared to what you guys are having out there. Hopefully it cools off for a least a little while for the whole country! We could use it!

      I’m not sure how I’d feel having my birthday on a holiday, but ya, I’m sure he’ll enjoy it more when he’s older. I think the 4 th would be great! Summer is great for having bbq’s and pool parties, I would love to be able to do that for my birthday. Mine’s in January, not long after Christmas so I can’t do much cause it’s usually too cold! Lol

      I hope all is well with you and you have a great week! xoxo

      Delete
  2. LOVE that your grandma has the low-down on everyone! Sounds like you had a fabulous 4th! Good for you, Dev! And what a great sis you are, baking all those goodies for your brother's birthday. I love to bake, too. It's relaxing...but it's hard work, too. Standing on your feet, etc. Can't wait to see the party pics!

    I have "Midnight Madness" all the time, just without the softball! Hope your team WINS! AND have a FAB time in Vegas!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha your so funny. I hope it’s a good kind of “midnight madness”! and thank you! I hope we win too! it’s a group of girls I haven’t played with really before, I’ve only ever played with a couple of them, but it should be fun!! It’s going to be hot as heck in vegas, but that’s ok, it’s VEGAS! And we’ll be by the pool during the day!!

      I do love that about good ol G-ma! She’s the best!

      Hehe, I figured my brother likes that kind of stuff and he always eats the crap out of my cake balls so I figured I’d make em for him and then I figured I’d just to the rest, cause I agree baking can be relaxing, I get so into the zone! And I’m so terrible cause I don’t eat any of it really myself, but everybody else better like it, whatever it is I baked! Haha! But it’s the feet thing, kills me sometimes. I have flat feet so it’s no good for me! I did that a couple thanksgivings ago, I stayed up all night baking pies and thankfully I could just sit on my butt all day the next day cause my feet were killing me.

      I hope you had a good 4th and weekend and that this week is good for you too! Stay cool, don't melt, im going to try not to ;) xoxo

      Delete
    2. Our 4th was uneventful (boring, but good). You stay cool too, Dev! xxoo

      Delete
    3. Who needs eventful! As long as you have a good time! Xoxo

      Delete