Monday, June 11, 2012

Lackluster

I feel the need to reflect some on what has happened or really the apparent lack of what has been happening.

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m completely happy for the lack of happenings in my life. What I mean is that I am happy to be drama free and just enjoying spending evenings with Bill doing absolutely nothing. To most people, we might seem pretty boring. But then…who are most people and what IS boring. Do I want to be lumped in with “most people”? I think not. It’s like the saying “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” so boring, is in the eye of the beholder.

I only bring this up because as I’m sitting here at work writing this (shhh don’t tell), it’s Monday, and I’ve been asked, “how was your weekend?” or “what did you do this weekend?" my response is, “nothing” or “not much, just stayed home and relaxed”. Which I see no problem with at all, but apparently some people find that a problem! Is it because I’m young? Am I supposed to be going out every weekend doing who knows what? Yes I enjoy going out and doing “things”. I like to go camping and hiking. I like to go out to the bar and have a drink. What other “things” am I supposed to be doing? What do these people do that I don’t. Again, though, do I really care… hmmm, no, not at all. I don’t care but I am curious, for curiosities sake, as to what these people do that makes my lounging around seem so bland and unacceptable.

Which brings me back to the quote. I don’t find what I do boring or dull. I enjoy spending evenings with Bill playing video games or catching up with the different TV shows we like to watch. Yes, our weekends are pretty much spent doing the same thing. We usually only get 1 day with each other or 2 if we don’t work that Friday, so we spend it in each other’s company. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. We go out occasionally and have a drink or watch a game. I have softball games, we go jogging and the occasional movie. I’m not really sure what else I’m supposed to be doing.

Again, is it because I’m young that I’m supposed to be bar hopping every weekend? I think not. Yes I’m only 25, but I find it highly inappropriate to still be binge drinking and getting drunk every Friday and Saturday night. I did that enough when I was a bit younger. I know people who are older than me and still do it, which is annoyance for another day. But I have to wonder, is that what these people are expecting me to do? Is that what they think a 25 year old does? well… not this 25 year old. This girl spends her days at work, and when she’s not working she’s spending her time with the love of her life, playing video games, watching movies or just laying there in each other’s arms. I don’t think that’s boring at all. I find it very fulfilling and to those who say otherwise I give you the one finger salute!

4 comments:

  1. I'm giving those people the one finger salute, too!! WTF??? You have the right attitude, Dev, because really, truly who cares what "they" think.

    People have all sorts of attitudes about what others should be doing, saying, praying about, look like, blah, blah, blah. It would be nice if everyone would pay more attention to their own behavior and lives, instead of spending so much time judging others.

    You're in a relationship, go to school, and work. That's a lot and I'm glad you can relax and just chill on the weekends AND even better that you have someone wonderful to relax and chill WITH! I say, good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good! thanks Knoty! I agree with you 100%. People should look at themselves and worry about what’s going on in their lives. The world would be a much happier place!

      I’m thankful for who I have in my life and how wonderful he is and that we can just relax and enjoy eachother’s company. We don’t need anything else! Nothing better than doing things that make you happy and doing them with someone else who enjoys it too!

      Delete
  2. Dev as long as the both of you are happy doing what your doing who cares what the world thinks?

    ReplyDelete