Tuesday, April 17, 2012

flying by

These past few weeks feel like they have flown by. Why? I don’t really know. I feel like I haven’t had time to just sit and do this. I haven’t had time to catch up with my girls at woman2woman. I thought about them and about this blog and about sitting and writing, but I couldn’t find the time. Of course I have nothing to show for whatever it was that was keeping me busy. I do have school 4 days a week, 3 of which are after work so I know that took up a lot of my time. Homework and preparing for tests and what not, but other than that, I really don’t know where the time went. Which is kind of crappy. Softball took up some of my time as well, but nothing significant. I only played a few games in the last few weeks. I’m kind of torn when it comes to that. I love playing. I’ve played fastpitch since I was 9 or 10 and now I play slowpitch, which I’ve played for the last 10 years. The last couple years have slowed down as far as me playing so much. I went from playing 3 days a week to 1. I also played tournaments every weekend, whereas now, I haven’t played on in months and months. I’m torn because sometimes I miss playing tournaments and I miss playing more than once a week, but at the same time, I’m glad to only play once a week. I think part of that is because I have school, so I need at least 1 or 2 days where I’m not doing anything, where I can come home from work and just sit. I can play my video games or read my books, snuggle up with my boyfriend and watch our favorite shows/movies. I think when I’m done with school I’ll play another day a week. OK, now that I’ve gone off topic a bit let’s real it back in. I did have some time in these past few weeks to fit in some fun. We went camping this weekend, yes, in the pouring rain. More on this to come! Pictures as well. As I look back at these last couple weeks and realize the time just flew by I know the next month is going to go by even faster. I’ve got a busy month ahead. It should be a lot of fun, I hope, mostly. Over the next 5 weeks I’ll be busy every weekend on top of finishing up this semester of school. Starting this weekend I have a bridal shower to attend, a gem and mineral show for extra credit in my geology class, then a bachelorette party, a rehearsal dinner, a college graduation/graduation party (not mine), and 2 weddings and finals for 3 classes…. See? Lots to do! It should be lots of fun, except for the school part, especially since I’m not involved in any of the wedding planning, I’m just showing up Hahaha! I gave up on getting involved a long time ago. It’s my cousin’s wedding by the way, I’m in the bridal party. The other wedding is a good friend to the family. Known her for years!! How could I forget??!! I’m also getting braces! Yikes! I know, 25 and braces :/…could have them on as early as next week…not necessarily looking forward to it, but it’s something I’d like to get done and I can finally do it, so I’m going to do it! I’m a little nervous about it, so we’ll see how it goes. Ok….I’m going to try my best to keep this updated!! Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dev, I know all about the being busy with school, it can be so stressful. I also know everything about having braces as an adult, I got them when I was 24. It was painful and sucked but I'm so glad I did it! Good luck! Be prepared it will hurt like **** the first two weeks or so and after every time you tighten them but it gets better with time and you're going to be so pretty! Focus on the final result. Maybe take pictures of yourself so you can see the change! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susi! glad to have someone who can share my pain!! lol
    I'm definitely focusing on the end result, i know it'll be worth it!! The pain I can probably handle, i hope lol
    i'm definitely going to take pictures, i think it will be pretty cool to watch it change and definitely see what it is from the start and end!!

    ReplyDelete