Sunday, April 1, 2012

Books & Games

GAME OF THRONES!!!

For those of you who haven't heard of it, i'm shocked! It's become quite popular as a show on HBO. I started reading the books long before the HBO series. And let me tell you, what an awesome series of books. I got my Bill hooked on them and my sister as well. If it wasn't for a colleague at work I probably would've ended up reading the books, but it would've been me jumping on the band wagon because of the HBO show lol!

Don't get me wrong, the show is great! I'm currently rereading book 2 because season 2 premiers tonight on HBO, which i actually won't be watching because I will be in bed when it starts (damn work, making me get up at 4:30 in the morning) so thank goodness for on demand :-)

So far there are 5 books, i just finished reading the last one as it just came out not too long ago, and i'm hoping a 6th book is in the works and comes out soon, although it did take the author, George. R.R. Martin, something like 3 years to get this last book out. Fingers crossed it won't take this long to get the 6th book out. I know it won't be this year, but hoping for next year! I highly recommend this book to everyone! It's obviously a fiction, medieval times ish. Sword fights and magical gods and all kinds of good stuff. "Winter is coming"

Ok, so i mentioned games as well in the title of this post! Bill has introduced me to a new video game, for those of you who don't know, i enjoy playing video games. Reading and video games, i could do all day! But anyway, I can never find a game that i like. I'm obsessed with Kingdom Hearts, and haven't really found a game i fully enjoy since then! and i'm so pissed that the newer games are not on PS3 (playstation 3) but on Nintendo DS i think, i just know, it's not on a game console that i have, *sad face*, I have found that i absolutely love the Lego video games, (Batman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter (favorite), Pirates of the Caribbean). i also like call of duty, but i don't play that often. So back to the whole point of this, Bill has hooked me on a game called Borderlands, so much so that i've marked in my calendar the release date of the sequel coming out in September i believe. The graphics are great, really cool, different from games i've played in the past, it's like a comic book. it's first person shooter game essentially, but the cool thing is it's 1 player, a big must, as i want to play with Bill not just watch him play, although i don't always mind that. cause i would much rather watch him play Assassin's Creed than try and play myself! But anyway, Borderlands is great! i even have withdrawals, ok, not really, but sort of. Like today, he's gone today, it's his day with his girls, and we didn't play as much as i would've liked to this weekend, so i'm wanting to play, but i won't without him cause we've started together! so i'll suffer for the next few days til we play! lol

So...watch Game of Thrones, preferably, read the books, but at least check the show out, it's great! and if you like video games, i hope you've played Borderlands cause i <3 it!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to jump on the "Game of Thrones" bandwagon, but only because YOU suggested it! Can't wait to get the books! Sounds like something I will LOVE, so whoo-hoo and thanks, Dev!

    ALSO, we'll have to check out Borderlands and Kingdom of Hearts. Both are for PS3? My son gave us one for xmas and we're still learning our way around it. We LOVE Little Big Planet, though!

    Excellent post!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also love the new look of your blog! Isn't it fun to play around with? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Definitely jump on the bandwagon! You'll totally love it, or at least you should cause the nooks are fabulous, and I always prefer to read and make my own movie in my head!! I hope you enjoy them!!

    That's awesome your son did that! I love it! I haven't played Little Big Planet but I've heard its great, I knoe my cousin just loves it!
    Borderlands is great if you like killing things lol, get that aggression out!! Unfortunately Kingdom Hearts is on PS2 *sad face* which is so crappy cause the games are great, and I want them to make the next one for PS3...I love the disney meshed with anime!!

    Have fun with the Ps3, if anything its great for movies and stuff! :)

    Let me know how both go! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get Game of Thrones and let you know what I think. I'm sure I'll love it, though. Can't wait!!

      Do you have PS3??

      Delete
  4. And thank you, im still trying to figure this whole thing out! Lol! But yes ut is definitely fun to play around and see what you can do. Ive made slow progress but still progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're doing great and not "slow progress" at all. I know it feels that way, though! I felt the same.

      My first couple of posts I just kind of floundered...then I got into a groove. It's one of the things I really like about blogging, how it helps you find your groove. Plus, there are so many cool people!

      Delete
  5. Thank you! I really appreciate that! I totally feel like im doing the smell thing, but im ok with that, I don't think I have a direction I want to go with, I just want it to be something I can share things with and hopefully people will interact if not oh well! Im glad you do!
    I dis look at it as something to meet new people, which I have because of the other forum which is great, im excited to meet more and just have fun with this, and share my journey through life with whoever wants to listen! :D

    ReplyDelete